How to Update Address in Aadhar Card
How to Update Address in Aadhar Card: Aadhaar, the world’s largest biometric identification system, provides citizens of India with a unique 12-digit number linked to their biometrics. It also serves as your identity and address proof. Since the Indian government has linked most of its services and benefits to the Aadhaar card, it is even more important to ensure that your biometric and demographic details are accurate and updated. If there is a discrepancy between your Aadhaar card and the actual information, you may be ineligible for various government benefits and schemes.
Since the Aadhar card serves as a valid address proof, you must ensure that the address details are up to date and correct. Failing to do so can lead to inconvenience as most business and financial transactions in India are now implementing the KYC process of verification, which includes identity and address verification, where the unique Aadhaar card plays a vital role.
How to Online Aadhar Card Address Update
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has taken measures to protect people from such problems. They have used a set of procedures that will act as a backup for those who need to adjust/modify their personal credentials on their Aadhar card. Aadhaar cardholders can update or change the details online or visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre, or request for change/update of address by post.
Aadhar card address correction online is very simple and easy. It is also a time-saving process unlike offline methods. However, understand that only those who have verified their mobile numbers on the Aadhaar platform can modify their details online as this method uses an OTP verification process. For verification, a 4-digit one-time password (OTP) is sent to the registered mobile number. If you have a verified phone number then you can use Aadhaar SSUP (Self Service Update Portal) and update your details, such as address, name, date of birth, e-mail address and mobile number.
how to update address in aadhar card online
Aadhar card is very important in today’s time. Hence, all the details in the Aadhaar must be correct. If the details in Aadhaar are not correct, you may have to face many difficulties. Required for getting a SIM card, getting a driving license or PAN card, opening a bank or PF account, taking subsidy, getting children admitted to school, getting a job in a company, etc. To update personal details like name, address, date of birth, address in aadhar card, your mobile number must be registered with aadhar card. Because OTP is sent to that number during the update process. In such a situation, if your old mobile number has changed or the mobile number has changed, then immediately update your new number in Aadhaar.
Read More>> How Many Sim on My Aadhar Card : How many SIM cards are running in your name?
How to update address in Aadhaar without document proof?
A person can change his/her address, name (slight change), date of birth, gender and language online on Aadhaar card. To change/update/correct your Aadhaar card details online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Update Portal https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- In the new window, click on “Login”
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, Captcha Code and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number in UIDAI’s database to login to your Aadhaar account
- Under Services, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address and language on your Aadhaar card.
- On the next page, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”.
Read More>> Health Benefits of Kulanjan – Properties, Health Benefits and Usage
How to Update Address in Aadhar Card
- Select the Aadhaar details you want to update and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. However, remember that there is a limit to the number of times you can update/correct your Aadhaar
- Now you can view your details as they are currently present on your Aadhar card. Enter the details you want to update/change and upload the scanned copies of supporting documents
- Check preview of newly added details and pay online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) by using Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
After payment, Update Request Number (URN) is generated which can be used to check the status of Aadhaar update request. It usually takes around 5 – 7 days for the update process to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and take a print out of your Aadhaar card.