In this post, information about how to make Idli, Dosa and Appe, Idli Dosa Appe Recipe, idli batter appe recipe, sweet appam with idli batter, sweet appam recipe, dosa batter recipe, has been provided.
Idli Dosa Appe Recipe
It is a famous food of South India. It is made of urad dal and rice which are rich in carbohydrates, proteins, enzymes, fats, amino acids and fiber. As a heavy and healthy South Indian food for breakfast, and is very easily digested and is also rich in iron content. Which we can use as breakfast. It is used with coconut chutney, sambar and sago.
- Servings: 10
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Fermentation: 10 to 12 hours
Main ingredients useful for Making
Four bowls of idli rice or boiled rice, one bowl of urad dal, half a bowl of thin poha or flattened rice, a small spoonful of fenugreek seeds or fenugreek seeds, salt as per taste, water as required for grinding, oil as required for greasing.
- First of all, wash the idli rice thoroughly and soak it in water for at least five hours.
- Add a teaspoon of fenugreek with rice.
- Wash the urad dal two to three times and soak it in water for three hours.
- Soak the thin poha for five minutes and then grind it.
Read More>> 7 Useful Tips for Your Good Health
Method to make Batter
- Put one part soaked rice and fenugreek seeds in the mixer jar and grind it coarsely by adding water as required.
- Add the second part of the rice with the soaked poha and grind again to make a coarse batter and take them out in a big vessel.
- After this, put the soaked urad dal in the same jar and make a very smooth batter by adding very little water.
- Take out the batter in the same vessel where the rice batter is kept and mix them well.
- Cover these with a lid or cling film and leave it to ferment for eight to ten hours.
Method to make Idli
- First of all, put water in idli maker or steamer and put it on the stove to heat.
- After this, grease the idli plate with oil.
- Now pour the batter into the idli plate and pat it lightly.
- Put the plates in the steamer and steam it for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take out this super soft and puffed idli ready. Idli is ready.
How to make Dosa
- First of all check the batter and make thin and crispy dosa by adding water to it.
- Now heat the tawa on high flame and make the flame medium before pouring the dosa batter.
- Put oil on the pan and pour the batter. And spread this solution evenly.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for two minutes.
- Check the dosa and flip it and bake it on the other side as well.
Read More>> 8 Best Food for Diabetes Control | Food to Get rid of Diabetes
Method to make Appe
- First of all pre-heat the appe stand or plate on medium flame.
- Now put some oil in each part.
- Pour the batter up to three quarters.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip them one by one and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now remove it from the stand, soft appe is ready.
Now serve them hot with coconut chutney, sambar and vegetable sago.
- To make soft idli, urad dal should be grinded very well.
- To make thin and crispy dosa, the batter should always be thick.
- Fermentation is an important factor in achieving tenderness and sparkle.
- Batter can be used for a week if refrigerated properly.
- Instead of rice we can also use rice rava. But it should be grinded to make dosa and appe.
So, guys enjoy the South Indian breakfast idli, dosa and appe with your favorite coconut chutney and sambar. And if you like this recipe of ours, then do share it with your friends – thank you.